Reformation is in Dallas
Reformation opened a store here in Dallas last year and I've truly never been more happy about a store opening. Let me explain why this is a shocking statement: I am an avid online shopper and rarely shop in-store (in fact, I pretty much shop exclusively online). Reformation has been one of my fave brands for years now... offering sustainable, ethically made, beautifully designed fashion at its absolute best. Plus they have NAILED the edgy-sexy-cool-girl vibe, which speaks to my soul.
When I found out Reformation was opening a store in Dallas, my expectations were kind of all over the place. Could an online shop with a cult following successfully translate to an in-store experience? Do they really need to have a physical location? My background working for a "big retailer" (I worked for Neiman Marcus for the better part of my career) has definitely jaded me from brick-and-mortar concepts. On top of that, the millennial in me doesn't have much of an appreciation for touching and feeling — and to be honest, I'd rather shop from my bed, filter by "shoes" or "denim" (because I like to look at ALL the stock in specific categories before I buy), check out, forget about what I ordered, and then get real excited when a package shows up at my doorstep ;)
I'm rambling, I know... but all this to say — I was skeptical about Reformation's pursuit towards physical locations and I had mixed feelings walking into the store for the first time. Despite my feelings about in-store shopping, I'll admit, I WAS a little more than excited that they chose Dallas to open their third location (because that says something about my adopted hometown's reputation on the national fashion scene)! So Nat and I made our first visit to the shop as a show of our love and dedication to the brand.
This is where it gets interesting... I THINK REFORMATION HAS ACTUALLY FOUND A WAY TO BRIDGE ONLINE SHOPPING WITH THE IN-STORE EXPERIENCE. All other retailers take note:
- The store is impeccably designed, simple, and the clothes are the main show
- The clothes are displayed for show only (there are no extra sizes on the floor)
- There are screens all over the store -- I really loved this -- if you want to shop by say... denim... you can do that! You can shop the store as you would online... adding items to your dressing room as you go
- The sales associates pull your sizes from the back of the store and place them into your dressing room for you
- There are also screens in your dressing room— so you can pull different sizes or keep shopping from your dressing room!
The Dallas store: 2815 N Henderson Ave, Dallas, TX 75206
Learn more about the brand and their sustainable practices by visiting their site.