Headquarters: Interior Reveal
We’ve been operating WE THE BIRDS from our new headquarters for a little over a month now. I must say, we feel quite at home here and we've acclimated quickly! It’s almost hard to imagine what work-life was like BEFORE this space existed... Isn’t that always the case when you upgrade? It’s all too easy to forget the journey and take your new situation for granted. However, that's not the case here! Running our business from home for 18 months while this project stalled a million times only made us a million times more grateful for the new HQ we sit in today.
Partnering with Overstock to finish-out and decorate this blank space was easily the best decision we made while working on this project. If you’ve read our HQ Interior Design post, then you already know how much we love Overstock and the reasons why it’s our favorite one-stop-shop for everything furnishing related and more (for example, our video surveillance system was purchases on Overstock). If you haven’t read the aforementioned post, here are some cliff notes:
Why Overstock is the best:
- Extensive product inventory — You can find EVERYTHING on Overstock (from hardware, to furniture, to organization solutions and even electronics...) In fact, we dare you to source ALL of your home/office/decor needs from Overstock alone... trust us... it can be done ;)
- Time-Saving Filtering — Shop for what you need when you need it— we did most of our shopping this way. For example, when it was time to pick out hardware, we filtered the faucets category by color ‘black’; or when we needed to pick out lighting, we filtered pendant lights by color ‘black’; or when we knew we wanted a warm leather sofa for the entryway, we filtered the sofa category by color ‘tan’ and material ‘leather’
- Wishlists — I like to look at all of my options and then narrow down from there. I use the heck out of Wishlists, so I can save all my selections in one place, visually compare and then easily add to cart when I’m ready to buy.
- Browse by Style — I did this a lot when I was looking for ideas... sometimes you don’t know what you need until you see it ;)
- Great Prices — I always look for the best prices online (because who wants to pay more if you don’t have to) and Overstock has the most competitive prices. Plus, they run promotions constantly, so you always know you’re getting a deal.
- The app is amazing — As a web designer, I really appreciate things like high-functioning apps and user-friendly shopping experiences. I browse the Overstock app almost as much as I browse Pinterest... that’s saying something...
TIPS for decorating a blank space:
- Make an inspiration board — Find images of spaces and decor ideas you like (see our moodboard for the HQ project here)
- Define your color palette — This is actually insanely helpful and will ultimately make your space feel cohesive and well-designed. Plus, this narrows down your options!
- Define the space(s) — Decorating an open concept can be a challenge - figure out how you need each space to function (i.e. a welcoming entrance, a place to have meetings, employee workstations, etc). Doing this will help you figure out what kind of furniture you need!
- Shop Online — Make a wishlist on Overstock for the project and go crazy saving anything and everything that strikes your fancy... you can narrow down later!
- Choose your anchor pieces — Every room should have a large piece that anchors the design. Find the big items first (sofa, table, etc)... I try to pick neutral anchor pieces because these items tend to be the most expensive and I’d rather not go trendy on the expensive piece ;) although... I’m not against a statement anchor piece... if you love it, you love it!
- Choose your secondary pieces — Build around the anchor piece - I like to have some fun with smaller pieces because they are easier to change when I (inevitably) change my mind (colorful chairs, unique side tables, unique artwork)
- Check Dimensions — IMPORTANT.. Measure everything and double check dimensions to verify that the product will actually fit in your space.
Without further ado, we are so excited to reveal our decorated HQ featuring all the cool things we found on Overstock!
Scroll scroll scroll... and links to shop all Overstock products at the bottom of the post :)
Any business location needs some level of security. We sourced our 8-camera LaView Video Surveillance System from Overstock after we moved in. It was kind of an after-thought— it wasn't until we were moved in and had all of our equipment installed that I started to feel uncomfortable leaving at night. Not unsafe, but just felt a little vulnerable leaving all of our business items unmonitored. Being able to pull up the LaView app on my phone and see the space when I'm not there is nothing short of amazing. I can't tell you the peace of mind it brings, knowing that we have video recordings of all happenings around our headquarters.
We installed our video surveillance system ourselves! I had asked our contractor for an estimate to install the system, and they came back with an outrageous quote. SO I ditched that idea and recruited my husband, Thomas, and his friend to spend a Saturday doing this. The directions were easy to follow and the set-up was much easier than we anticipated!
Commercial Kitchen Organization
Featured Partner: Overstock
Artwork (on the shelves): Emily Fried
Artwork (Custom Singapore Map): Mapiful
Building Owners: Venture DFW
Architectural Plans & Design: Scott Arbuckle, GHA Architects
This post is sponsored by Overstock. All opinions are our own. We partner with brands we truly love, so thank you for reading and helping us support them!
Leather Sofa | Overstock
Rug | Overstock
Large Leaf Plant | Overstock
White Lacquer Coffee Table | Overstock
Black Copper Pendant Lights | Overstock
Cosmo Pink Chairs | Overstock
Pink Desk Sets | Overstock
Pink Furry Stool | Overstock
Pink Counter Stools | Overstock
Black Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet | Overstock
Agate Pink Credenza | Overstock
Tan Leather Chairs | Overstock
Black Ribbed Pendant Lights | Overstock
White Glossy Table | Overstock
Artificial Plant | Overstock
White Dining Table | Overstock
Black Low-Back Dining Chairs | Overstock
Black Bathroom Faucet | Overstock
White Vessel Sink | Overstock
Heavy Duty Shelves | Overstock
Video Surveillance System | Overstock